Friday, February 16, 2007

Ok, I'm back....

So, yeah, I'm back. Ms. Neurotic has left and I'm back to my "normal" self. Interesting what strange things one can do when overtaken by paranoia and neuroticism...

On to more interesting discussions. What is the DEAL with Exxon? I mean, I know that the words "business" and "ethics" don't often go together, but really, at what point can you not even look at yourself in the mirror anymore? Gas and oil prices are up, putting the squeeze on the average worker, causing the working poor to struggle even more, and Exxon posts their greatest profit ever. Someone please explain to me the rationale for skyrocketing fuel costs when Exxon made a gajillion dollars?

And at what point do we, as Americans, do something about it? I am the first to admit (well, maybe not the first, but right up there, darn it!) that our political system has its flaws. But I truly do not understand why the environmental lobby does not have more power. We are on the brink of disaster, but instead of forcing our leaders to make changes that would protect the environment and potentially slow the effects of global warming, we just keep on buyin' those SUVs.

People talk about the obesity problem we have in our nation. We do have an obesity problem, because we are consumer gluttons. When is enough just ENOUGH???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home